Crunchable has gone a few years without a redesign, so as the site’s eighth anniversary approaches we’re beginning to kick around ideas of how we’d like to change things up around here.
And we want your help.
Crunchable is launching the first-ever Redesign Crunchable Your Way contest. The rules are pretty straightforward:
- We’re accepting submissions from now through September 21, when the second half of our September issue is to be published.
- Submissions may be a simple screenshot, but for the savvy Web designers among you we’re encouraging participants to make their new designs functional using CSS and your own graphics files. If you’re interested, e-mail us at email@example.com and I’ll make sure you have all the necessary files.
- We’ll display all the submissions in October, to coincide with our anniversary issue. If you used CSS to create a functional design, we’ll upload your files here and shape Crunchable into your vision for a full week in October!
- Crunchable’s editors will declare a winner at the end of October.
- You might also see parts of your design become permanent parts of Crunchable: By submitting your design ideas, you give us permission to incorporate them into our long-term redesign.
- Crunchable’s editors also reserve the right to reject any submitted designs that venture too far outside the bounds of good taste. We’ll be the judges of that.
- The designs may include a small signature or logo identifying the designer, but that may not be the dominant graphic or element on the redesigned page.
So — interested? Let us know, and we’ll hook you up with any files or other information you might need.